Cane Seat Mesh Repair Kit
or 4 payments of $12.00 with Afterpay
Do it yourself cane repair! This kit provides you with the tools and knowledge you need to repair your own mesh seating at home. This method is suitable for chairs with an existing groove in the seat frame.
See below for more information.
Cane Seat Repair Kit – Chinese Mesh
Chinese Mesh is a superior quality weave – durable, flexible, versatile.
Do it yourself!
This kit includes:
- 1 Piece of open weave Chinese Mesh – 45cm x 45cm ( 18″ x 18″)
- 1.8 metres of 4mm core beading
- 1 Instruction sheet (‘6 Steps to Replace Your Seat’)
This kit does NOT include: (but still necessary)
- PVA Glue
- Tool to remove old cane beading
- Small pegs/wedges to hold new cane in place when inserting into the groove. Golf tees are suitable.
Note: This method is suitable for chairs with an existing groove in the seat frame. For chairs that have been hand-woven (a series of holes drilled around the frame), you will need to rout a groove before this repair method can be used. However, in order to maintain the value and integrity of antique hand-woven chairs, we recommend that these chairs be hand-woven as original. Ask us today about restoring hand-woven chairs!
If you need mesh or cane beading in different measurements, feel free to contact us.
|Dimensions||60 × 10 × 10 cm|